Canada – British Columbia – Delta
Posted: September 20, 2013
Who we are
SST Wireless Inc. designs and produces wireless sensor technologies that help increase safety, reduce operational downtime and reduce environmental footprint for several key industries. The company’s durable and robust products are the result of years of research, development and testing in extreme real world conditions.
The company’s flag ship product is the industrial grade wireless tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that improves the safety and life of the Off The Road (OTR) tires used on heavy haulers that carry 360 tons of material per load, operating in mines under some of the harshest possible conditions. The system known as True Tire Technology (TTT) is the result of a joint venture partnership with Kal Tire Mining Group.
SST also produces a commercial TPMS (CBS) for transit, coach and school buses based on the durability and reliability of our OTR product. CBS is the result of 3 years of research, engineering and extensive pilot programs. The company recently introduced a high temperature monitoring system for industrial applications such as wood pellet mills where real time reporting of bearing temperatures help operators increase safety and maintain optimal output.
In addition, there are several products in development to provide industry specific solutions. SST offers a complete solution which includes communication modules, site repeaters and base station system with software to manage vehicles and equipment. Combined with support, training and remote monitoring services, SST Wireless is performance under pressure.
SST is based in Delta, BC. The company is growing and is seeking exceptional people to join our team. For more information, visit our website at www.sstwireless.com.
What you would do here
SST Wireless is seeking Engineers and Designers that know RF hardware and firmware like nobody else can. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the right candidate is able to work in a team that values mutual respect, integrity and transparency above all. At the same time, you demonstrate exceptional qualities as an independent thinker who is passion about making things better.
The types of projects will include Embedded Firmware design for 8 and 16-bit and ARM Cortx-M4 micro-controllers in C or assembly languages. You will also be involved in software and device driver development for Windows or MAC OS.
We believe that getting the right person to join our team is the most important decision we can make. Intelligence, talent and creativity are important qualifications, but we do need people who can jump in and start contributing right away. If you are the ideal candidate, you will possess knowledge, experience and skills in several of the following areas. If you are checking off most of them, get in touch with us as soon as possible. We need you.
- 5+ years’ experience developing code with C/C++ /Assembler
- RF design and testing
- Consumer electronics design
- Regulatory testing including FCC and CE
- Hands-on prototype assembly using standard SMT tools
- Hands on debugging & development experience
- Design, develop and test real time, multitasking wireless networking embedded firmware for 8/16/32-bit MCU/MPUs in a PC environment (8051, TI430, PIC, ARM)
- Experience with Bluetooth, GPS, Wi-Fi (802.11b) or other RF technologies
- Experience with serial protocols such as USB, UART, SPI, CAN
- Strong software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Low power design experience for maximizing battery life a plus
- Experience using Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers and Signal Generators
- Experience testing and troubleshooting RF devices / Mesh Networks
- Knowledge of FCC regulations and approval process, solid experience with RF emission issues and FCC compliance
- Experience with practices and procedures in RF transmitter and receiver design in the 433 ~ 916 MHz range
- Experience with antenna design
- Experience with analog / digital RF communications
Get in touch
If you are the right engineer / designer for our company, send us your resume with a cover letter explaining how you can help us reach our goals.
Email us at email@example.com